HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - blown scope, lead sled to blame?
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2008, 12:18 PM
Rifle Loony

Default RE: blown scope, lead sled to blame?

ORIGINAL: bronko22000

Saxman never said anything about having a flinch and I don't recall anyone else saying that either.
Right there is black and white dude........

ORIGINAL:Saxman

have a flinching problem and am hoping that the lead slead will help me eliminate this problem through proper pratice.

ORIGINAL:bronko22000
Its just I can't abide people putting other people down for any reason. It usually just hides their own insecurity.
Not much on lame holier than though 'net jockys either. When confronted with a good argument against what they are saying they tend to type stuff just like that.

All I'm saying is, and this IS the point you are missing by at least 22000 feet, is that too many "shooters" sit on a bench all day long and then wonder why, when taking a poke at a critter,something kicks their shoulder off, or their shot misses, or they make a bad hit.

Bench time with a lead sled DOESNOTHING for you if you cannot handle the recoil of a particular rifle chambering. Why bother with it in the first place if you can't simply practice with it sans a recoil reducing rifle rest? A smaller chambering would be my reccomendation, plain and simple.

The other aspect you mention,of load R&D, is thatIF you need something to aid you inresting the rifle STEADIER than plain old fashioned sand bags and/or a set of bipods, then you SERIOUSLY need to address your riflemanship practices, ie: breathing, trigger pull, ect.......

OldSchool mostly never don't work and I can only wonder what happened to Riflemen practicing Marksmanship..............................