HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Arkansas duck hunt?
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2008, 10:11 AM
SwampCollie
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Arkansas duck hunt?

ORIGINAL: dustinfeathers

thanks swamp collie for the info do you remember the guide you went with. I may just give him a call and that was 125 per day right. do they hunt mostly public ground
It was $125 per day. That used to be the standard rate. From what I understand, thanks to gas prices mostly, that rate has gone up to anywhere from $150 to $225 a day.

A college classmate of mine set the trip up. I think the guy who took us... his first name was Keith or Kurt something like that. I have no idea what outfitter it was or anything. My room mate (at the time) set the whole deal up... he has hunted with them often. The guy had a video out a few years ago and I think I might have it upstairs, if I can find it I'll check it out and see if I can get any info from it.

Here is some info on "THE" place to hunt, Bayou Meto. If I recall corectly, the guy we hunted with wasn't from that area, his guide service was up in northern Arkansas where my buddy had some family. We hunted a lot of private land up there, and one day we hired this cat to take us down to Meto... kinda like Mecca for a duck hunter... gotta go there at least once in your life!

http://www.agfc.com/data-facts-maps/maps/wildlife-mgt-areas/wma_bayoumeto.aspx