HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Surf fishing is HOT!!!
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2003, 12:53 PM
6ptsika

Default RE: Surf fishing is HOT!!!

Hey Brian, I' ve been having a ball with those blues, I just hope they dissapear soon, it' s getting expensive, with finS and jigs. []
I' m a little North of ya, but have been hitting them good, as well as the bass, anywhere from Point Pleasant north. I' ll be out again tonight, looking for some weakies.
Doug, they' re definitely coming back up here, we always get a little spring run like this, but these fish are bigger than they have been in years, the other day it was one after the other 6-8 lbs, from the beach. The last few years they' ve been 1-3lbs. Hard to say with blues, though, they migrate in crazy patterns, the fish we' re catching may have beeen off Madagascar a few months ago, they' re caught all over the world, none of the scientists know for sure why they go where, next year we may see very few. Who knows?
I have no science to back it up, but I kind of doubt you' ll see them back in MD anytime soon, with the way the rock have rebounded, and all those little resident rock in the Chessapeake at historic high biomass levels, I doubt there' s much food to keep blues around long down there, I don' t expect them to hang around here much more than another week or so. Unless they show up late one year, and hit your enck of the woods tthe same time as all those hardhead, wow, can ya imagine the slaughter you' d have then?