HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - help for beginner
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2008, 07:52 PM
dukbuster

Default RE: help for beginner

ORIGINAL: wdog1

ORIGINAL: superstrutter

ORIGINAL: dukbuster

I would say go with 4's and a modified choke, because a modified will give you slightly more range while still being open enough for the close in shots.

And the reason for the fours is, when guys hunt pheasants(which in most cases are bigger than ducks) they use 5's 6's or 7's...all smaller shot than fours on a bird bigger than a duck. So 4's are plenty to knock down ducks, and its nice to have a few extra pellets in the air incase your just starting out and arent a really good shot yet.

you know your just begging for someone to argue with you when you say **** like that dude...

ORIGINAL: superstrutter

Don't disagree with me, because I am right.
Dude, it was meant to be a joke. Lighten up a little. I am right though, 2 and 3 shot is the most popular for ducks. You have to remember, this guy is a beginner. It's best to start out with an IC choke with steel shot. You can kill them close in and at a distance, and I bet you will have more hits.Sure you can kill them with 4 shot, but most hunters, including myself, hunt with 2 or 3 shot. I really don't give a hoot what shot you use, just as long as you go out and have a great time. I'm not here to start an arguement. I'm here to give him a little advice.

yeah that dukbusters a d*ck or what
go fly to maryland mike lol

(superstrutter, im playen too man...i know 2 is the most popular...just sayen that with 4's you have a few extra pellets out there)