HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Small Game Field Dressing question?
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2008, 02:48 PM
hamslam

Default RE: Small Game Field Dressing question?

Thank you all for your responses. I understand the cooling process for field dressing but in response to a few of these post the main reason for the smaller game I thought was that the inards spoiled the meat somehow, or at least that's what I was told. And/or the bacteria etc in the inards could continate the meat if left in to long. I suppose I'm just trying to see if that is hogwash so to speak because if it's a cooler day or the game is in the shade for a bit (most of this hunting time for me is in Wisconsin so it's plenty cold enough during the hunting seasons regardless for that issue). It would help though to wait until the hunt is over that way you don't have to stop in the middle, field dress, then resume hunting. But I do understand the importance of field care and if you want your game to be delectable it starts in the field. I guess I'm just trying to debunk possible rumors and also make things a little easier, but I will not do such things if I will possibly ruin the game. I do agree with having baggies and ice on hand, just wanted to throw that in there lol :P. Thanks all and good hunting.