HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Trail Camera's ..Do They Take the "Hunt" out of Hunting?
Old 08-18-2008, 08:01 PM
CamoCop
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Trail Camera's ..Do They Take the "Hunt" out of Hunting?

ORIGINAL: DoctorDeath

With all the trailcamera technology on the market today I have to wonder if this has not removed the "hunt" out of "Hunting" ...I know that the trail cam's have become extreamly popular over the past 5 years but has it made us lazy? I remember growing up that deer hunting ment a lot of walking, looking for andreading sign and trying to figure out a way to out think and out smart a deer, sometimes successful but normally not (thus why it is called HUNTing). However now with the trail cam explosion has happened it seems to me that we might be loosing perspective on what hunting is really supposed to be. So tell me is it just ME or have any of you other guy's had the same thoughts?

dd
first off, howdy DD...how's Kentucky treat'n you, you miss'n Bama?

next, i think my trail camera's make me hunt harder and make me a better hunter. i still walk around and scout my area's, looking for sign and places to hang my camera's. they allow me to see what kind of game are in my area, so i know when to stick it out and when to try another area. in the past i know i've gave up on area's that potentially held nice bucks simply because i did not see anything. if i'm hunting an area that i got pictures of nice bucks, i tend to stick it out alot longer due to knowing they are there instead of hoping they are there. i'm still in the woods every other weekend scouting and looking.