HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Which Gun
Thread: Which Gun
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2008, 08:06 AM
Robb2764

Default RE: Which Gun

I'd have to say that thiswould be a life altering choice and one that I would neither like or want to make. I would have to know one thing to answer this question. Is this choice for hunting or survival? If the answer is hunting. I would select my Remington 700 SPS Stainless in .300 Remington Ultra Magnum with the barrel Mag-Na-Ported, a Shilen trigger adjusted to 2(lbs) 8(oz), a Hogue full aluminum bedded synthetic stock, a Tubbs speed lock firing pin and spring, Topped with a Leupold VXII 3-9x40 rifle scope. With this setup the rifle will shoot 9/16" 5 shot groups at 200 yards all day from a LeadSled using Remington 150gr. SciroccoPower Level III factory Ammo. That's as good as my 22-250. With the factory Power Level IRemington 150gr Accubond the groups are just over 5/8" at 200 yards but recoil isless. I had Conley Percision load me some Barnes 200gr. TripleShock X Bullets they group just under 1" at 200 yards.With this set up and Remington's Power Level Ammo you have the versitility tohunt ground hogs, or as American Hunter Wayne van Zwoll says with Power Level III you can stop a dump truck in it's tracks.

If survival is what you are choosing 1 gun for I would have to choose my Ruger Super Redhawk in 44 Magnum with a Nikon Monarch Red Dot Sight and Federal 240gr Hydra-Shock bullets