HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - controlling deer routes?
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2008, 06:43 AM
Tree climber

Default RE: controlling deer routes?

I have cut many trails for the deer to travel.if you cut it , they will use it.I have one of those DR power trimmer weed eater as they say.
it is like a push type lawn mower with a blade that looks like it should be on you table saw, but it has a chainsaw chain on it.it will cut up to 4" thick.you can cut one side and then the other side and get an 8" tree cut down.

I hunt an area where they cut the timber about 10 to 12 years ago.it is so thick you can't crawl through.the deer can get through ; BUT if you cut a trail the deer will use it every morning and night instead of the thick stuff.

I have 3 trails coming outta the thicket coming by my stand within shoot distance.I have also took some of the limbs and layed high enough4' to 5'so the deer will have to turn and will down the trail at 20 yards from my stand.when they turn,they are broad side to me at 20 yards.perfect bow shot.

you can just take a machete and trim the trail and the deer will start to use it.as they say,"the path of least resistance."