HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - rem 700 adl or savage 110
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2008, 02:44 PM
VAhuntr
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: rem 700 adl or savage 110

ORIGINAL: HEAD0001

I am not knocking the Savage, but I personally believe the Remington is a superior rifle. Especially ifresale value is important. The Savage does have the edge in the AccuTrigger, I will admit that. But a lot of people do not like the Accu-Trigger. I do not know why they do not like it?? But I know people who say they do not like it.

I have seen far too many 700 ADL's that are 20 or 30 or more years old, and they perform as if they were new. I have seen 30 year old Savage 110's that .............. Tom.
Chalk me up as one who does not like the Accu-Trigger. It's not that I don't like how it performs, I just can't get used to shooting it. I had a model 16 Savage and no matter how hard I tried, I could not get comfortable with the way the accu-trigger felt. I also did not like the cheap stock on the model 16 either but I knew that before I bought the rifle.

I recently picked a Remington 700 CDL that is much more comfortable for me. It has a better stock, smoother action, and for $20 bucks my gunsmith smoothed out the factory trigger. It feels like a trigger should feel.

For me the Remington fits better and feels better for me. YMMV.