HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Anybody got the link to the homemade lighted nock video?
Old 08-15-2008, 08:58 PM
Greg / MO
Giant Nontypical

Default Anybody got the link to the homemade lighted nock video?

I've seen that video a few times, but for some reason was never that interested in making my own -- even given the fact I'm somewhat mechanically inclined and even made my own cresting machine and other gizmos...

Well, today I'm taking a break from the archery counter and walking through the store and a Bass Pro employee spots me and says "You're a BowTech guy; you'd appreciate this..." and proceeds to show me one of these little lighted floater batteries guys use to make these homemade lighted nocks.

After actually holding it in my hands (he also had a nock he was playing with so he could better demonstrate his idea of how to make it work) and seeing how easily and surely it activated when turning it on and off, I went and bought their last two batteries they had.

$3.50 apiece and a smidgeon of time which I'm now anticipating as fun for some reason, and I'll save me a ton of money and I really think I can have something that'll rival the production products.