HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Why is killing a buck so important?
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2008, 11:32 AM
quiksilver
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Why is killing a buck so important?

I would walk to the ends of the earth and sit in my treestand for a week straight just to shoot a scrubracked 2x3 fawn with milk all over its lips on the last day of archery season.

Why the lust to fill a buck tag?
[ol][*]I've got one hell of a streak going - and I don't want to break it.[*]Secondly, if I get anything at all, even it's the tiniest legal deer in the free world - it's still enough to say "I filled my tag" to all my buddies who got skunked. It's still enough to come on here and gloat endlessly about it until next October. To me, that's quality entertainment.[/ol]
I'm one of those guys wholoves giving people a hard time -especially my hunting buddies. So if I've got a homeboy who ate a big dish of tag soup, all I need isANY antlered deer, ANYTHING. I just have togive myself the platform to ride their asses for the next 300+ days straight about what a shame it is that they didn't have enough skill to fill their buck tags.LMAO

Third, I'm a huge tightwad - and I refuse to blowlarge sums of moneyon nonresident tags and eat them. I'll pass deer until the midnight oil is burning, but once I realize that the sun is setting on my season, I'll shoot the first legal deer that makes the mistake of walking by.

Finally, I just like kicking all of you losers' asses andwinning this contest every year.

A Team of Destiny