HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Why is killing a buck so important?
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2008, 07:38 AM
TN Deer Hunter

Default RE: Why is killing a buck so important?

I am a big buck addict. That is just the stage I am in during my hunting career. I love to shoot big bucks. When I was younger I would shoot any buck as long as it had horn on its head it was dead. But at that time in Tn that was all you could kill was bucks. You were not allowed to kill hardly any does. I think it was something like you could kill 18 bucks and 3 does during the deer season. It was that way up tell about 8 years ago when TN went to only 2 bucks. Now in my unit you can kill 3 bucks per year and 3 does per day all season long. Know that TN has a very good mature buck population that is all I care to hunt. I also have no problem taking does out for management purposes and meat in the fridge. I also consider taking a mature doe a very big accomplishment. Every time I go out these days I could kill a young buck just about. They are just not what I am after and they are not what satisfies me will I am hunting as I like a challenge on killing a mature deer weather it has 130 or 160 inches doesn't matter to me as long as it is mature. JMO