HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Gray Wolf Woolens? What's the fuss all about?
Old 08-14-2008, 07:55 AM
robbcayman
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Gray Wolf Woolens? What's the fuss all about?

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

Picking out one senctence without the context of the following three or four is solid posting? Read the whole paragraph in MY post; THAT'S solid posting.

Some of the members here have come toenjoy asarcastic or comical answer butfail to look further for the substance behind it. That line of thinking is just aserroneous as the thinking that continually pouring your money down the drain buying disposable clothing every few years for a 1/3 or even 1/4 of the price is saving you money.

Plus, the bad thing about clothes is they deteriorate at a rapid pace. Whereas, something like a bow, watch, gun etc.. tends to actually hold their value.
Here we find another example of someone talking about something they obviously have no first-hand experience with in terms of rapid deterioration. My GWW garments look just as good as the day I opened them out of their box, years ago. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I fully expect to be able to pass down many of these hunting clothes to my sons when I can longer utilize them. Oh, by the way; my oldest boy is age 5 and my youngest is a year-and-a-half old. When's the last time someone bought an $800 bow (as was referenced a few pages back by way of comparison, and deemed perfectly acceptable...), and REALLY expected to keep it a lifetime? Fool yourself if you want to; most don't.

But let's be honest here: Holding value isn't the reason GWW has a loyal customer base. If I were concerned about "investments" and items I purchased holding value, I'd be purchasing gold -- or more realistically, I'd be investing in companies making a splash in the molecular diagnostic business in the hospital laboratory business.

I don't understand why other posters feel the need to vehemently defend the aforementionedcompany.
Maybe it's because we don't understand the need for some to come on and attack a company when they've never even actually held the product in their hands? Let the existing customer base come on the forums and complain if they feel slighted... but somehow I don't think that's going to happen, given the satisfaction rate of many of GWW's long-term and repeat customers.

Perhaps that's why this was the most spot-on commentary of Quik's whole original post:

At least once-a-day, somebody refers to it as the gold-standard in hunting clothing.
And that... from actual customers. Imagine that.
Be careful not to hurt your hand from patting yourself on the back so hard.

If you do actually pass these pants to your son I doubt he will be asexhilarated as you're. Hey look everyone, my dad gave me some 20 year old pants, goodie!! Whereas, if you gave him your first 20 year oldbow you killed a deer with that could be something sentimental.You see, a gun, rifle or bow would actually hold its value IMHO.I'm gettting off on a tangent, but my point is these pants are overpriced.

Oh well... I'm sure this could go on forever. I don't begrudge someone for buying anything, but it also doesn't mean I have to endorse it.

Lastly, why do I have to own something to tell you it's overpriced? [&:]