HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Gray Wolf Woolens? What's the fuss all about?
Old 08-13-2008, 10:01 PM
quiksilver
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Gray Wolf Woolens? What's the fuss all about?

Attack? Who is attacking? I'm giving you the floor to tell me why it's worth the price. So far, I've learned that:
[ul][*]Since it's made in the USA, we have to pay more (understandable);[*]Since it's MTO, we have to pay more (understandable);[*]He's using a type of warp knit that isn't quite the same as the stuff commercially available elsewhere (good);[*]Better seams for increased durability (positive);[*]Burr-free and color retentive (good); and[*]Not as expensive as it seems at first glance, b/c no liner is needed (again, positive).[/ul]
Conversely, we've learned that:
[ul][*]It's still pretty damn expensive;[*]Warp knit polyester is available through many other avenues at a much lower price;[*]Pockets are extra;[*]Scent containment is extra;[*]Some people who have owned it have mixed feelings about buying it again;[*]There can be an extended wait time for GWW garments; and[*]You can buy similar DWR waterproofing treatments, and add it to your clothes on your own.[/ul]

Greg - you're acting like I've murdered this man's entire family, poisoned his dogand tipped over his grandmother's wheelchair. Meanwhile, all I did was ask "why so damn expensive?" I feel like that's a very fair question, especially given how much we've heard about this camo (and how great it is) over the past couple years - and the sticker-shock that I got when I finally went to their site to scope it out.

Personally, I'm quite satisfied with the answers I've gotten so far. Is it enough to make me want to rush out and buy a set? No. But can I at least see why somebody else would? Sure.

If nobody ever played a little devil's advocate, we'd never get these answers, nowwould we? Part of having an actual fair & balanced conversation is exploring the unexplored and representing the underrepresented.