HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Look maw, no wheels (pics)
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2008, 12:21 PM
bloodcrick
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Look maw, no wheels (pics)

Thank you very much I knew i could count on you guys for anwsers
ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

ORIGINAL: bloodcrick

Jeff just set me straight on that one. Im going home to try in a sec. The arrows fly with just a slight kick/whip. Can i ask why you ask ? Im looking for any tips i can get ahold of
ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

Shooting 3 under try that middle finger in the corner of your mouth and not your pointer........see if your shooting doesn't improve almost immediately.

<------------------<<< Look over there

How are those arrows flying for you?
THey fly with a slight kick or whip because they are WAY overspined for your bow. Try shooting one without any fletching and tell me what they do.......my guess is that they fly to the target badly tail right the entire way.
The thing with traditional shooting is yeah its fun to shoot whatever old arrows you can get cheaply and those big 5" feathers correct flight fairly quickly.
The problem is that these bows lack the energy that a modern compound has so perfect arrow flight to maximize penetration is absolutely critical.

They're gonna whip even more when you put a big broadhead on there.

I just don't want to see you set yourself up for dissapointment if you make a good shot and get poor penetration and maybe a hard track job or even a lost animal.