HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Look maw, no wheels (pics)
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2008, 09:45 AM
bloodcrick
Giant Nontypical

Default Look maw, no wheels (pics)

Ok i have officially lost it After a 20+ year absence from traditional shooting i got the itch to drag one of my old bows out. The goal is to take a Doe at close range with it. I owe this to my Dad for hanging onto my first two recurves all these years or i probably would haver sold or gave them away. He recently gave them back. Dont get me wrong, I love my bowtech and will primarily be hunting with it this season but i have a void to fill. That void was hunting with a recurve in my youth and never having the oportunity to take a deer with it. First i decided that i was going to camo the very glossy bear grizzly, i made some stencils and got after the flat camo paint. I removed the no glove rubber thingys on the string and re served it as well and added a much needed coat of wax. I made my own string sliencers as well and added some new mole skin to the riser and bought a new leather glove.I still had my vintage Ben Pearson quiver that needed dusting and installed that.I was at Gander Mt. weeks ago and came across a bargain of a half dozen bare shafted 2315 XX75 in Mossy oak break up aluminums for $20.00.I bought some 5" feathers and fletched them up when i got home. All that is left is to decide on what broad head im using. My first couple of days of shooting i couldnt hit the broad side of a barn, but shooting everyday it has finally came back to me. I would like to thank everyone who has answered my questions and i have had many. Schultzy, GMMAT, Rybo, and bowhuntingfool. thanks for getting me back on track, its been awhile

Vintage Ben pearson quiver

The new aluminums

The best group i can muster at 15 yards