HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - AimPoint CompC3 Red-Dot Sight mounted via an HHA Optimizer Lite Plus
Old 08-08-2008, 07:36 PM
GrayDawg
Fork Horn

Default RE: AimPoint CompC3 Red-Dot Sight mounted via an HHA Optimizer Lite Plus

Kevin,
Yes- you are correct. I did have an initial elevation adjustment issue when first picking up the bow from my bowsmith (who had never before put an AimPoint CompC3 Red-Dot sight on a bow using an HHA Optimizer Lite Plus Adjustable sight mount- so we were both learning as we went). However, my elevationissue wasrectifiedby looseningthe two screws that attach the HHA mount to the bow. I canted the front of the scope slightly downward so as to accomodate my high anchor point & all my problems went away. Some fine tuning with the windage adjustment got me dead nuts up the middle.

In the picture below, you can see the 2 screws that had to be loosened in order to cant the front end of the scope ever so slightly downward/forward. The top screw (highlighted with red circle/red arrow) is in a slotted hole. The bottom screw (highlighted with yellow circle/yellow arrow) is in a standard hole. Simply slightly loosening these two screws and tilting/canting the front end of the scope forward solved all my problems.

Rob