HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Crossbows introduced for regular archery season in PA
Old 08-07-2008, 09:20 PM
sproulman
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Crossbows introduced for regular archery season in PA

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

I still oppose the use of crossbows during the general archery season in this state. The woods are already too crowded. There is plenty of opportunity to use a X-bowunder the current seasons.
i feel same.
i say let them for disabled as it gives them chance to hunt and still see a deer.that will end if large increase of hunters start using crossbow.

many friends of mine say they are having hard time hunting because more hunters are in woods with crossbow in ARCHERY .

i dont have problem with CROSSBOW, i just dont want more hunters in woods when its so hard to get buck now with bow.

i think you will find that my opinion is same with everyone that hunts hard in archery.

NO DOUBT more doe are being killed in archery with crossbows and some real nice bucks by hunters that could not hit side of barn with recurve bow.

i know people that cant hunt worth a dang getting deer with crossbow.

they never would take time to learn how to shoot a recurve or compound.

again, i have no complaint with crossbow or hunters that love to hunt with them,my concern is the increase number of hunters after very few deer left in clinton/potter/cameron countys.

isight in crossbows for our club ,its fun and most like their bows,it opened up new hunting in archery.
thats great for those that i stated above but not good for hunters like myself that like tro be alone after a big buck in areas with FEW deer,wmu2g.