HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - info on foodplot
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2008, 08:11 PM
Remnard
Typical Buck

Default RE: info on foodplot

ORIGINAL: rodclop

I'm thinking about making a food plot inside the woods by my stand so i'll have a lil advantage for pulling the big bucks off my neighbors landand wondering what would be the best to plant and how to do it can't get a tiller in there or anything to break up the ground cause tree roots are evrywhere.
THANKS FOR ANY HELP!!
RODNEY C.
I often see these threads about pulling bucks off neighboring property. This is very wishful thinking. Deer are VERY territorial. There is a defined pecking order and the food sources are not going to pull deer off adjacent property unless the foodsource isworth fighting for. Typically you will only see this in the wintering yards during very tough times. The only thing that will pull bucks off adjacent property is does, during the rut, which are always worth fighting for.

Feed the animals on your property, don't shoot them beforethey are matureand they will grow and become desirable shooter bucks. There is no magic bullet here. Shoot does that have young bucks with them and more times than not they will stay on the property longer. The antlers are in the soil. time is your friend.