HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - info on foodplot
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2008, 09:31 PM
GTOHunter
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: info on foodplot

If there is some room in the tree's canopy for a decent amount of sunlight to shine through you may have a chance getting something to grow and take root...if not you may be fighting an up-hill battle all the way?There is several new products out on the market that claim to grow in less sunlight like "Throw and Gro" and "Secret Spot".You will need to take2 types of good yard rake's with you (the flimsy wide metal type for raking leaves and the stiff metal rake with the steel teeth for breaking up the soil and covering the seeds).Use the flimsy wide raketo pull away the old dead leafs in a large area for plantingthen use the stiff metal rake to break up the soil a little,spread your seeds and then lightly cover them up.I would also suggest trying to plant some turnips because they are for late season planting and will grow into the winter time and hopefully some leaves will be off the tree's so sunlight can help them grow?I've had better luck growing clover,wheat.foraging oats etc. on old logging roads then setting up my climber along the edges of the road and hunting from there.