HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Attn: Veterans **UPDATED**
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2008, 09:07 PM
AF Hunter
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Attn: Veterans

I plan to approach the VFW and the American Legion to start off with. But I do fear I will need a big name to get involved to get things really rolling. I don't know any, but am working on that too. Of all the different legacies a man can leave, if mine can be this, I'll be able to go with a smile on my face and peace in my heart.

Shuttle service to the nearest airport and train station are pretty much a given.

I spoke with the JAG once at a social event about this, but it was outside his realm to assist as it is "not related to military duties". I'd really like to meet a lawyer that could help get this off the ground.

DAV is a great organization! I know the Paralyzed Veterans of America (PVA) have a deer hunt here in Iowa every year. But I haven't seen anything about a DAV event.

We are centrally located between 3 Air Force bases and 2 Army posts and Lord only knows how many Reserve/National Guard bases. This would be a cost effective alternate to going to Disney World or Honolulu. Not as exciting as those two, but a place to find a little serenity.