HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Deer Attractant Tests
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2008, 09:43 AM
AF Hunter
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Deer Attractant Tests

Supermax results: 56 deer: 39 adults: 20 bucks: 19 does: 10 minutes was the longest any spent. None of the bucks I have photos for were shooters. This may because the previous landowners rode atvs around all the time and there was a party spot close to what I declared a deer sanctuary. It will take time I am sure to "grow" some big bucks here. The longer the sanctuary stays quiet and unspoiled by man, the better it will become, I think.

Also went back and looked at all the pics and came up with a 3:1 ratio for deer heading out of the sanctuary to deer heading back in. As there were 3 times more pics in the evening time as there were in the morning. I suppose they stop by for a snack and then on their way back, their stomachs are full.

The week I had a camera on the Buck Jam, nothing happened. In fact nothing happened until this last week. Where the Buck Jam was placed is now several small holes in the ground. I don't know if the extremely hot weather this past week had anything to do with it or not.

The totals and averagesI got for the whole "Test" so far are:
Total Deer: 141 Average per attractant: 28
Total Adult Deer: 107 Average per attractant: 21
Total Young'uns: 34 Average 7
Total Bucks: 34 Average 7
Total Does: 73 Average 15
Average time at the attractant: 5 minutes
Total Evening Deer: 107 Average 21
Total Morning Deer: 34 Average 7

Anyway, put out some Xcellerator 360 this morning. We'll see what happens there.