HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Drive Hunting
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2003, 07:55 PM
whitetails & muskies

Default RE: Drive Hunting

I have been on drives years ago. Never really cared for it for several reasons, but like said above, if it' s legal and you stay within the guidelines....have a blast.

It' s been said by several already, but take it slow, and don' t intentionally make noise. As a matter of fact, stop frequently when driving....a good buck will many times sit tight or double back....they kinda freak out when you stop because they think they' re busted!! Quite a few years ago up in some very deep timber up near Lake Superior we had access to some private land that you could actually drive in certain areas. A nephew of one of my buddies that lived close by took a huge 232#, 13 pointer with a big drop tine by doing this during a drive. This was one of the " toughest" deer I have ever seen. He hardly had any teeth left, had a club foot that was probably broken several years before, and at 232# dressed, he was thin. His ribs were actually showing!!! An old bruiser that made it through many seasons and would have probably made a good dinner for a wolf that winter!!