HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Antler Restiction programs ...are you for or against them?
Old 08-04-2008, 01:06 PM
Germ
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Antler Restiction programs ...are you for or against them?

ORIGINAL: PABuckbuster12

AR's are in place not for the guy looking for the next state record. Its about and should be about a healthy deer herd. Which as some states are experiencing a problem with. The one I know for sure is PA. The state I live in. Its not about telling someone what they can or cannot shoot, its about developing and controlling a deer herd, a healthy one at that, for the future, for all hunters. Look at it as a practice that will insure your grandchildren will have healthy deerpopulationto hunt.
Exactly

ORIGINAL: brucelanthier

How does restricting which Bucks you can shoot but not restricting which Does you can shoot make for a healthier herd?
MI is a great example, Jackson County has like 100 deer per sq mile. We had over 5000 doe permits left over in Jackson county. Just crazy, now if DNR wants to permit more doe harvest how are they going to do so? We already had 5000+ permits unsold, AR is the answer IMO. AR force hunters to shoot does, in a state condition to shoot bucks AR are great IMO.

Bruce when we start shooting 70% 1.5 does, I bet we have some issues