HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - vermont bucks
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2008, 10:54 PM
johnnyc531
Fork Horn

Default RE: vermont bucks

ORIGINAL: Vermont_hunter

i know the law thank you very much, the slat block is in our cow pasture, the salt is for the cows and the deer also come to it, therefore it is legal. second the four pointer is no wear near any salt. thank you for being worried about the law but i am not braking any law, you should see the amount of pictures of cows i have to delete.... thanks for the comments guys
The fact that you have a trail cam aimed at the salt leads me to believe that feeding cows is not your only reason for the salt lick being there, or even makes it hard for me to believe it is the primary reason for the lick. I agree with the earlier person's post. I've not read allVT law, but I'd be mighty careful if I were you. I'm only just starting law school, but it would seem to me that what your doing could easily be considered breaking VT law and perhaps you should thank us for mentioning this to you in a post before someone less friendly goes and reports you to a DEC officer. The photos you posted may be enough evidence to incriminate yourself or at least spark an investigation. Cool pics of the deer though, I myself don't use anybait at my cam (wouldn't have a problem doing so if it was legal in NY State), but I believe even when it is not hunting season that would be considered illegal baiting here too.