HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New 82nd Pics
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2008, 08:25 PM
dogboy900
Fork Horn

Default New 82nd Pics

Well after a three month wait and a few hiccups my new bow has arrived

Here it is next to my old bow... Can you guess which is which?

The old bow is a PSE Fireflight Express and in its day was the fastest, baddest, bow out there. Pretty old and slow now, probably shoots around 200 fps. I am going to wind down the draw weight and use it for a fishing bow.

I have never used sights before but thought I would give it a go with the new bow.
Thats a Spot Hog Right On 5 pin sight on there with wrap, and I am just using an NAP Centre Rest Flipper rest as I am finger releasing. I am still waiting on my Octane 2 Piece Quiver.

I have only shot it a little so far and have discovered some problems... It goes right through my current target!... Which unfortunately backs up to a concrete wall. [&:]

Oh darn!
Thats through a wool sack stuffed with plastic bags and through a plywood pallet before it hit the concrete. 4 arrows down so far and I am running out! My girlfriend has ordered me some flash Easton FMJ's as a birthday present So I have held back from getting more arrows just yet.

To be honest I am having a hard time getting used to it, I have had my old bow since 83 so this is very different.
Hopefully the next photos will be of my new FMJ's nicely stacked in a tight grouping after I sort out the target and tuning