HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Camo Patterns
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2008, 07:33 PM
superstrutter
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Camo Patterns

It's a whole lot more important to blend in with the environment when duck hunting than deer hunting. Ducks can see a lot better than deer and if you are out of place, you can forget it. Of course if you are hunting in a blind, the pattern may not beas important. I do a lot of duck hunting out of blinds, soit's very important that I wear a pattern that blends in with the environment. This is whyI love Natural Gear camo. It's a neutral color, so it blends injust about anysituation and itdoesn't stand out like a black blob from a distance like some camo patterns do. I wear it for deer, duck, and turkey. Early in bow season when everything is green, I sometimes wear Mossy Oak Obsession, but if you are high enough or in a blind, box stand, or tripod, it really doesn't matter what you wear. You can wear pink and yellow and be just fine, though people would start to wonder about you a little. Deer are going to focus more on movement. As long as you are still, just about any camo pattern will work. Whatever looks good to you will be fine for deer hunting. Take a look at Nat Gear though.