HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Greg's Long Bow Build-a-long
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2008, 12:53 PM
Kanga
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Greg's Long Bow Build-a-long

Now that I have both limbs pulling even it is time to put on the overlays.

Firstly rough up the fiberglass cause the epoxy wont adhere to the smooth glass.

Put epoxy on both glass and overlay put overlay on and g clamp it in place, I dont the same with the tips but added some fenolic to the tips for added srenght.

While the glue is curing I decided to make the string, with 2 bundles of 7 strands in flow yellow and flo green the string material is 450 plus.

Once I have both bundles made it is time to twist them up. I make the 1st set of twists about 2 1/2" this till be the top loop the bottom will only be around 1 1/2 to 1 3/4".

Once I have twisted to about 2 1/2" it is time to braid the ends into the main body of the string.

Do the same on the other end but make the loop smaller, I will put the center serving on when I get the bow finished and the string on the bow I will have to twist the string up some to get the required brace height

I was a little late getting started this morning I went to Lowes and got a ceiling fan and installed it to move some air around in the shop.

Now I can tryrelax a little now but I think there is some sort of list that needs to be taken care of[:@][8D]