HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Shooting Conicals
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2008, 09:07 PM
Wheatley
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Shooting Conicals "Update"

Well I installed the lower front sight that Knight sent out to me. I received the wads from TOTW so I decided to go out and see how things came out. Below is the target of which I shot 8 times total.

The first shoot I just picked a stick out that was down range that was to the side of the target. As you can see that was a bad idea as all the rocks/sand shot through my target and put little holes in it.

Anyway I numbered the shots in the order I took them. I started the sight out at 3/4 high according to the set marks on the side of it. The first shot barely hit the bottom of the box at 50 yards. So I moved it to the upper most mark and took shots 2 and 3. They grouped very well so I decided to move the sight up pas the marks and lock it in place. I then took shots 4 and 5 and seen that I was getting closer. So I left everything the same and took shots 6 and 7.

This is a group at 50 yards open sights with the 460gr No Excuses with a .125" 0.510 dry wad and 90gr T7 fffg. I am going to send this information to Knight and see what they say.

Picture of where sight is at from last 4 shots.