HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Did the tight angle, short shot test today at 2 yards
Old 07-30-2008, 09:53 AM
OHbowhntr
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Did the tight angle, short shot test today at 2 yards

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I never siad you couldn't kill a deer using alternative "methods". If you're arguing that.....you're arguing just to argue....AND you're arguing, alone.
Not arguing, just wondering what you're trying to get at. Your results are different from mine, but my peep may be closer to my arrow, draw length different, which makes a difference as well, which would likely explain why we all seem to have a little different results. Try that same shot from 15 feet up, and I bet you get an even closer result. Peak at my sight and see that I have the bar extended, and that adds in yet another varying factor. I think the take home point is that at such a distance, MOST of us could "USE ALL OF THE PINS," and still go home with a deer!!!!

Now going back to the original post, I'll agree, there is SOME form or other issue that has created this result.... because there shouldn't "theoretically" be that much discrepancy between the 2 pins at such a SHORT distance.

2) 2nd shot, I tried my 30 yard pin and aimed for dead center, I hit 3 inches high.