HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Did the tight angle, short shot test today at 2 yards
Old 07-30-2008, 08:49 AM
GMMAT
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Did the tight angle, short shot test today at 2 yards

Jeff,
At 2yds, my ballistics chart shows me to be about 1.32" low, stretch that out over 15 feet down, and I think you have WHY that arrow is DEAD on. I've laid my 5 spot on the ground, and shot it from about 2yds, 5yds, 7yds, and 10yds, beyond that, it goes back up on it's side like it was designed to be, but at those distances, my margin of error is still good enough for a KILL 100% of the time!!! As I believe someone else said earlier, this is the HUNTING forum, not target archery.
I never gave a 2yd scenario from an elevated perch. I thought we were past that.

If you don't practice a shot .....shooting targets......HOW are you going ot know how to do it in the field?

My arrows hit much lower than 1.32" at 2yds. How do I know this? I tried it on a target. I would dream of trying a sho tin the field I hadn't practiced. So if a deer ever comes by me at 2 yds.....and I'm on the gorund.....I'll know what pin to use.....and where to aim.

That's all I was saying in the thread. If you're happy having a margin for error of (_____) at 2yds.....then this exercise isn't for you.

Shot from 2yds on level ground.....utilizing my 20yd pin.