HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - THE WINNERS (Team 13)
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2008, 08:42 PM
NY/Al
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 13-Official Team 13 Thread

Todays update: Put the camera in a totally new woods to me. In an adjacent block to the woods i usually hunt. I seen a big 8 out with a bachelor group of other little guys two nights ago, so i did some power scouting and got the camera in and got the hell out. The kicker is that the old farmer that works the fields is all organic and he has 10 acres of corn that i dont think he will get to pick until darn near november (The organics cant use synthetic fertilizers or genetically enginered seeds, so they generally grow much slower, also bc of all the rain he got it in late, for those who dont know farming much...). This will be sweet as summer rain for me, i dont have permission to hunt that guys fields yet, but i do have permission to hunt the woods around it, which is good enough for me. Needless to say im pumped up about this spot, no one really hunts it except for a few local weekend warriors (which are no match for this whitetail killing machine).

Fran, i got a canon zr500, a step or 2 down from yours, but they are all sweet cameras, im sure you'll like it. When i figure out this bigboys feeding pattern ill get out and do some velvet footage from a distance to keep ya'll entertained. Have a good one fellas!