HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Badlands Ultra Day Review
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2008, 07:49 PM
Hurricanespg
Nontypical Buck

Default Badlands Ultra Day Review

Well I purchased the Badlands Ultra Day pack a little while ago, have had a few opportunities to test it out, and thought I would give you guys a couple of rambling thoughts on it.

Construction is as expected...solid throughout....but you expect that with a unconditional lifetime warranty.

This pack has the hypervent suspensionso it sits off of your back and lets airflow bewtween your back and the pack. Initially I was wary of this design, butit was quitecomfortable, and felt like it held tight tomy back. I never felt any sway despite several hard hikes, and it really did keep a lot of the heat from being trapped betweenme and the pack.

If you are a very skinny person the pack may not adjust small enough for you, although I was assured you can send it in, and have it fitted to you. Still, I am a fairly skinny guy, and I am within 3 inches of bottoming out the shoulder strap adjustments.

The pack felt comfortable from 0-35lbs, after 35lbs it felt like the bottom portion of the frame was digging intomy hips a little bit.Pretty goodfor a pack that weighs 2lbs.

The pack has a ton of pockets. Being more of a minimalist type of hunter I do not think I will ever fully utilize all of these pockets, but if you like to carry a lot of things with you then this pack will keep it all organized.

If I could add one thing to this pack I would add a gun holder. Not really a big deal, it does have a bow holder, but it would be a nice touch for the gun hunters I think.

All in all I think it wasa good purchase, and would definately recommend it. Hope this helps somebody.