HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New rest and what the crap happened to my shooting?!
Old 07-29-2008, 07:48 PM
2006HighSierra

Default New rest and what the crap happened to my shooting?!

I shoot a 2002 Hoyt Magnatec which is a jewel and I must admit I don't shoot as often as I'd like. Usually on evenings if it isn't raining I am out cutting wood and doing other work but I have been trying for the last few months to get in more practice than usual. About a month ago I had been consistently hitting a 6" target at 45 yards(longest area at my home I have to shoot). So my whisker biscuit is abit wore out and it's about time for a new string so I take it to the local shop and have him restring it and I elect to put a QAD rest on it after everyone I work with raving about drop-away rests. I hadn't shot in a few weeks since having the work done so I set up at about 15 yards to zero the new rest. All is well and it's grouping pretty good and where I am aiming. So I move to 25 yards and all of a sudden my arrows are everywhere. It won't consistently hit a 6" bulleye. Also it seems to be hitting about 7-10" to the left and not consistently at that. I don't think it could be me considering it done good at 15 and I was shooting really well at 45 with the old rest. That's a big difference it seems for human error. Anyone have any ideas?