HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Florida Archers...question..
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2008, 06:20 PM
n.florida hunter
Fork Horn

Default RE: Florida Archers...question..

1. I think that is necessary to shoot from an elevated point if that is the way you are going to be hunting. I have seen where it would change the trajectory a bit so i would say yes sir withou a doubt.
2. As far as practicing with field tips and broad heads I would suggest practicing with both if that is possible. The down side to this is you will need to buy more broadheads unless you can resharpen the ones that you areshooting.
3. I would without a doubt try to get in on him as soon as I could!!! With that being said you need to pay very close attention to the amount of scent you leave while coming and going. I would not be in the area much at all unless it is a must. I have had to learn this the hard way on a couple different ocassions. I think the down side to trying to kill one in the early part of the year is the heat and scent problems that we can run into. But if you are like me the club I am in will pick up with people and traffic. In turn making it hardfer to kill him.
4. Are you shooting fixed blades or mech.'s? If you are shooting fixed blade heads check to make sure that the broadheads are tuned to the fletching. I have had a problem with fixed blades before that the head wouldn't stay tight on the ferule creating a similar type problem, also added noise in the equation.