HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Thompsen Center
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2008, 02:28 AM
HEAD0001
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Thompsen Center

I wanted an inexpensive 6.5X284 to use in the ground hog fields. So I bought a custom MGM barrel for my Left hand Thumbhole stock(TC was the only factory rifle I could find with a LH thumbhole stock). I have about $800 in a very accurate rifle to hunt with. The rifle has a custom barrel in a cartridge that I can not even get from the mfrs.?? What is wrong with that??

I agree with you guys. IMO the Pro Hunter is overpriced. But then what isn't?? And I can not go along with the comment about the H&R being as good as the Encore. I just ain't buying that one.

The Encore is a short fast handling firearm for tight hunting situations. That sounds pretty good to me??

So maybe the bolt action is slightly more accurate than the Encore(not always). I use my Encore to hunt with, not bench shoot?? Pretty hard to tell the accuracy difference in the field??

We are teaching a 6 year old how to handle a firearm, and how to shoot a firearm. What better rifle than a break action single shot for a youngster?? Tom.