HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Scent Control- What I do
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2008, 09:55 AM
GMMAT
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Scent Control- What I do

Washing clothes I use sport wash, I have gound sport wash to be the best. I picked up a tip from someone here, I use my own washer. Only hunting clothes are washed in this washer.

I use the same washer.....but wash several loads of camo at one time.....(starting with my towels). Hunting garments go in the latter loads.

Soap I use the Green soap I have used others, I have confidence in the green soap from HS.

After I shower spray down and dry off with one of my hunting towels, washed in my washer.
I than spray down, I like Scent Killer.
Brush my teeth in DDW (Baking Soda)tooth paste
I than put on sweats for the ride to my location. Sweats washed in my washer
I than get dressed at myhome (outside)....and spray down withe3. (But I walk to stand. I wear my pants and "a" shirt....get dressed once I'm at my hunting height in my climber)
X-Scents Base layer Socks, pants, face mask
Scentlok suit(just the layer)

Spray DDW mouth spray in my mouth

I wear a pair of gloves and SL face mask as I walk or ride to my stand...but it's the one I hunt in, also.

When I arrive, I change to my hunting gloves that are in my SL pack.
I remove the mask and put some scentfree face paint.

I keep a rag in a plastic bag, I wipe of my hands spray them down again. Put gloves back on.

-----------------------------------------

I'll sometimes take spray with me to my stand and spray down once I'm dressed (if it's hot). Otherwise.....I feel like I'm simply playing the odds that I'm doing everything I can.