HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Loony Bin Update
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2008, 07:51 AM
cayugad
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Loony Bin Update

When it rains it pours, my father used to say.

Don't feel too bad about the truck. I have the worst truck ever made. I drive and still owna Ford F-150 as a work truck (if it gets dented or what ever, who cares). It has 119,000 miles on it and is 15 years old. I have gone through 8 clutches. Never once, have I wore a clutchout mind you. Ford Motor company hates to and refuses toadmit that they produced a big tuff work truck that can be disabled by a simple mouse... They won't even talk about it.

The mouse builds a nest in the clutch under the pressure plate and when the nest gets big enough, you press in the clutch one day and ... BOOM the clutch blows out.. You then have to replace the whole clutch assembly. Just the parts are over $300.00.

When I tried to trade it in, Ford offered me $800.00 for it. I had over a thousand in the new front end and again that in new tires... but they told me old Fords were hard to sell. At the time I had only killed four clutches, and the truck had under 65,000 miles on it. I guess their big sales pitch of how the truck holds resale value was kind of a lie.

Ford Motor.. where quality is job ONE as they love to claim. Refuses to even talk to me. When I complained they gave me a 800 number to call. They claimed they tried to contact me, yet somehow they never showed on my caller ID or call waiting , or call forwarding. So when you call their 800 number to talk to a representative, they put you on hold for 37 minutes and then the phone automatically hangs up. The second time I was on for 32 minutes and the phone hung up.

And they wonder why I bought a new Chevrolet Silverado and talked all my family and friend into not buying Fords.. Something to keep in mind if you need a new truck for work.

I feel much better now..

Sorry you did not get a chance to shoot your rifles, and your truck broke down.