HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Broad Heads
Thread: Broad Heads
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2008, 09:09 AM
fitpays

Default RE: Broad Heads

I use slick trick 100's. everything they say on their website is accurate. i was trying to tune arrows forever. i know guys that actually change their sights to accomodate the b.s. way their broadheads fly. i shot mechanicals to avoid all that but i had a lot of trouble with them. i read about the slicktricks on another forum for xbows and decided to try them. i bought 6 of them and put them on the bolts/arrows (technically, by definition, a bolt has no vanes), and shot all 6 of them. i rated them 1-6 for accuracy to the bullseye, #1 being the most accurate. i made a small mark on the vane to note the rating. i use #1 until i shoot it. then i will load it with #2 until i use it, and so-on. i have found that even the #5 and #6 are far more accurate than other broadheads i used in the past. you could probably try switching the 4, 5, and 6 to another arrow and see if the combination is better suited. i am very picky with what i shot though, so the #1 lasts quite a while.

they are accurate as can be, and the 1" swath does UNIMAGINEABLE damage! the broad head is really small so it does not catch a lot of wind to move it off its path. it is also very short, so the angle is really drastic. the exit wound on the first deer i shot with it looked like it had been shot with a slug gun. no kidding. try these one time and your search is over.