HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Anyone cutting back?
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2008, 07:13 AM
Schultzy
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Anyone cutting back?

ORIGINAL: SouthernStrut56

Deer were being killedLOOOOONG beforewe started in on scent "technology" and all thesenew expensivegadgets. Heck I got to put gas in my truck to get to the stand! I carry my climber.....60% of the time, my weapon.....either rifle or bow, a big bad knife, grunt call in early bow season,skoal or Levi Garrett, and my phone in case something goes badand to take a picture of my trophy when I kill him. I don't NEED anymore than that. I will never be suckered into buying stupid gadgetsbecause I know I can do it without special items.I don't buy face masks anymore, I use the upper end of a long camo shirt sleeve, works fantastic. I would never buy a "gear reel", gimme a rope. I aint buying a bow holder to put on my stand, I'm holding my bow the whole time. I aint buying a deer drag or deer handle. Last year I wrapped vines around a doe's neck, gave em 5 or 6 good twists together and drug her out. Yeah it would've been easier with a caddy or handle, but that proved that I don't NEED one. We don't need most of the crap we buy. More gadgets mean more to carry, more to lose, more to drop in the stand, and more to toss in the garage when you realize it aint worth crap.
Lmao, allot of truth to that SS!! I'm allot like you, I've never really ever brought hardly anything to the stand besides the essentials (bow & arrows, flashlight, finger tab, cell phone, a few calls once in a while, occasional rattling antlers). I can't forget the Kodiak either, 2nd most important to my bow and arrows!!