HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hello
Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2008, 12:34 AM
HJS

Default Hello

I thought I would post here and possibly get some insight on a subject. I own 80 acres of farmland in S.E. Iowa. 50 in timber and 30 tillable. It is bordered on two sides by a large state park. This property was purchased by my wife and I as a retirement spot down the road. It has a lot of game on it, I have seen Turkey, lots of deer, coyote, squirrel, rabbit etc. I could not begin to tell you what the average buck score is, but from the looks of it (deer carcass found in the fields with their head and neck missing) there are some worth taking. I do not get the oportunity go there a lot as we live quite a distance away, with work and kids, not to mention the price of gas it is quite an operation to get away as much as I would like.

My question is this, is it a vailid option to sell hunts by the season on ground such as this? I am not really interested in leasing the rights to someone especially some big outfit that leases large amounts of ground in an area as I may want to show up and hunt myself if my circumstances permit. I hope I don't sound too stupid here but this is an area I have never tread in before and any information or insight would be appreciated. Thanks