HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 500 miles, a black bear, and into Iowa I was...
Old 07-12-2008, 10:38 PM
mobow

Default 500 miles, a black bear, and into Iowa I was...

I am SOOOO excited now for this year. I just got seriously hooked up with some KILLER land in extreme northern MO. W/out getting into the specifics of that, I wanted to share a part of my day. This got me so fired up for bow season I just can't take it anymore.

My buddy and I headed to a farm we will be hunting this year. This farm is literally 5 miles from the Iowa border, and in fact, just because we could, we drove INTO Iowa today. Anyway, this farm is situated along a river, and in that part of the state there isn't a lot of woods to work with. So hunting them is pretty easy. Anyway, this place is just fantastic, and we've still got several other farms to look at. All in all, we have around 9000 acres in northern MO we can hunt, with most of them being quite close to Iowa.

So, after driving 500 miles today, spending 10 hours in a car with my buddy Ryan......I saw some things I don't ever get to see this far south. But I guess the neatest thing we saw was a great big black bear in the middle of a hay field. That's the first, and ONLY, black bear I've ever seen in the wild, and it was pretty cool.

Man, I'm so fired up for season to get here this year now, I can barely contain myself. I've actually got a LEGITIMATE shot at a really, really good buck this year....and even if that part of it doesn't pan out, I'm going to see PLENTY of deer, and who knows what else. Shoot, I think I'm gonna carry a judo point or 2 just to shoot the occasional pheasant that is bound to pass by at some point.

God is simply doing some amazing things in my life right now, and at times I can barely believe it, and it's certainly difficult for me to realize that some of it is actually happening.

Anyway.....I know this post is a little......silly and perhaps unnecessary, and even sounds like I'm gloating a little bit.....but I'm honestly just so excited I had to..

I would love to hear about yer all's prospects this year as well. Contest sign ups are posted, and it's time to start getting serious.