HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 2008/2009 Bowhunting Contest Sign-Ups!
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2008, 03:06 PM
Rob/PA Bowyer
Boone & Crockett

Default 2008/2009 Bowhunting Contest Sign-Ups!

Okay, you asked for it. Before Signing up, READ THE RULES! IF you cannot abide by them, don't sign up!

Also, it's not that hard to either copy and paste or quote the poster before you to keep the numbers rolling. I also appreciate everyone who helps keep the numbers and missed members up to date. I'll do my best but I make mistakes too. I'd hate to miss anyone.

These are the same rules as last year, I copied and pasted them. Any changes, we'll address when we make a rule thread.

1. Deer(whitetail/mulie/blacktail)must be taken legally and ethically as laws apply in the state your hunting including tags.

2. Archery equipment only which include crossbows, compounds, longbows and recurves. One bow contest only.

3. Antlered deer only (whitetail, mule, blacktail)including antlered doe, if it's tagged with a buck tag, it's in.

4. We will be using the Pope & Young Gross/Green scoring system, no deductions. Velvet bucks scored the same. (See percentages below)

Whitetail (as norm):125/125 = score x 1
Columbia blacktail: 125/90 = score x 1.39
Sitka blacktail: 125/75 = score x 1.67
Mule deer: 125/145 = score x 0.86

5. Open to all members new and old unless your signed up in another bow contest on HNI(only) You may sign up for the rifle contest as well, please don't sign up and disappear, you'll be replaced. No more than 10 persons per team, drawn randomly....alternate's when necessary starting with first come first serve....I'll oversee it.

6. Signup begins July 12th (this year), Deadline to join is Aug 15th
, with alternates then being taken until Oct 1st or as needed to complete teams. (amended by majority vote, teams picked after 430 signups, in fear of not enough alts, alts being taken as needed and possible new teams formed drawn randomly)

7. You must have a pictured posted on the contest page within the Official Score Card thread to enter a deer. The bow must be in the picture and the entire deer must be in the picture, no skull pictures, no rack pictures...the buck, the bow, and yourself must be in the picture.....call me skeptical. This rule will be enforced this year, no exceptions with no apologies.

A) Within this post, the measurements as required by the P&Y scoring sheets shall be listed. Example as follows.

B)
Total 131 2/8

Right ----- Left

MB 18 6/8 ----- 17 4/8
G14 ----- 3
G26 4/8----- 6
G36 4/8 ----- 4 6/8
G44 4/8 ----- 1
G51 -----

H15 6/8----- 6 2/8
H24 4/8 ----- 4 4/8
H34 4/8----- 5 6/8
H43 6/8----- 3 2/8

Inside spread 15 4/8

Abnormal points
1. 4

8. Total number of inches of all team member's animals will decide the winner....see rule 4.

9. You must enter the first bow kill antlered deer you get.....second buck for you lucky states will not count. First buck means first taken regardless of multi state hunts. Also see rule 10.

10. The entry must be posted within 10 days of taking it OR notification must be made to the team, team captain, participating moderator or admin that an animal is down with description to determine that a participant isn't holding out for a better animal. This is not fair for single tag states nor those that cannot travel and hunt multiple states. The first antlered animal must be counted.

11. No penned shot deer accepted, deer must be a free range wild animal regardless private or public land. Guided hunts acceptable as long as the animals are free range.

12. All disagreements, controversies and conflicts will be decided on by a majority vote from a panel consisting of Team Capt's and moderators participating within the contest. Those decisions will be final.

13. Contest deadline is Feb 15th.

14. Rules set forth for a smooth contest, the main rule is to have fun and enjoy your fellow teammates and all the smack talk that goes along with this contest.