HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Farewell
Thread: Farewell
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2008, 06:12 PM
Rob/PA Bowyer
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Farewell

Well said Red Hawk.

As it is true, Red Hawk maybe 30, he however is a moderator and asked to do what he does within the youth forum. It is the position of HNI that this forum was/is designated as a Youth Forum free of adult influence. I won't degrade Hooker in any way as he seems to be a well rounded individual however like many others, some material HNI does not feel appropriate for our Youth Forum and we ask that adults stay clear of said forum.

What some of you need to remember, your not all just teenagers, as we have younger members as well and what you deem appropriate, parents of our younger members do not. We (as administrators and moderators) need to take a stance to ensure our younger members have an equal and fair shake at enjoying the Youth Forum without adult influence. Hooker is an adult as I also deem some other members here but as long as Red Hawk doesn't object nor does mentioned adults conduct themselves appropriate we will leave it up to discretion. It is both a moral and legal matter.

We have been discussing a strict age limit but as long as Red Hawk has cooperation, that may or may not be necessary in the very near future.

Also, what some of you don't see is what we already have moderated, deleted or edited long before your eyes sees it.

We have to rule the Youth forum as though we have 8 year old young ladies and gentleman participating which happens to be the case and as the older members of the forum, you have to realize that you too have to understand that younger members might not have the education nor the information, typing or English skills that you may have. For instance, some of you are busting on Hunter20084 for his typing and English skills. I say cut him some slack and welcome him in so he can learn and participate. Just because he may not have the education as some of you older members, there is no need to belittle him.

I'll use hg89's post that she feels comfortable in this forum as some older members may have ridiculed her in some posts. That's kinda what some of you are doing to Hunter20084.

We would appreciate everyones cooperation in making the Youth Forum fun and educational for our Youth. If your over age, there are plenty enough forums throughout HNI for your liking.

Thank you all in advance,

Admins and Moderators.