HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - what is unethical deer hunting?
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2003, 09:57 PM
bigbulls
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: what is unethical deer hunting?

The definition of ethical is: Conforming to accepted and especially professional standards of conduct.

So reading the definition of ethical I would conclude that if it is legal then it is ethical because it is an accepted standard of conduct. However since I do not choose to accept it then I guess I would consider it unethical from a personal standpoint.

I have hunted with dogs and over bait when I was younger because I had to hunt the way the person that was taking me did. I certainly do not feel that it is sporting as you say. Really, how hard is it to sit over a bait pile and wait for the animal to come out? Not very. I feel the same about " food plots." It' s as close to " canned hunting" as you can get with out the fence. Or how hard is it to surround a plot of land and wait for a group of hounds to run the deer to the standers? Not very. We wasted more time planning the next drive and rounding up dogs then we did hunting the deer. In my own honest opinion I didn' t enjoy hunting much this way and do not consider it actually " hunting" in my book. I would rather hunt public land where I may or may not shoot an animal then just sit and wait for the animal to feed or get chased out to me by dogs.

But I am not going to condem any one for doing so if that is how they want to hunt. As long as it is legal. Every one has a choice in how they want to hunt, I choose not to hunt this way.