HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Thompson/Center Superglide Shock Wave Sabot Bullets
Old 07-08-2008, 08:12 PM
falcon
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Thompson/Center Superglide Shock Wave Sabot Bullets

He wrote the study on powders in last year's American Rifleman.
Indeed he did. I refer tothat article pretty often.

I am not attacking you personally, but I am sure it feels like since I am talking about "your baby"--the SW.
Hey, it ain't my baby. Would not think of using the 250 grain SST on elk or even big mule deer.My hunting partneris lathe turningsome of his specialsoft copper,hollow based, hollow point .430bullets for our elk hunt this fall.

Glad that you have a good grounding in math and are working on this stuff. Keep up thegood work.

Yep, thats my 250 grain SST that fell out of a hog I took with my Encore at a range of 192 yards. Paced it off as 190+ paces and later measured it with a laser transit. Charge was 90 grains of JSG. Bullet broke two ribs going in, tore up the liver and sent fragments through the diaphragm.

I've hunted so damn much with a muzzleloader that I sometimes cannot handle a repeating rifle really well. Recentlyshot a big sow with my AR-15 at a distance of 25 yards head on. Should have done a double tap. The bullet hit her above the eye socket and she squealed and took off while I dumbly looked on.Got a quartering away shot at about75 yards and killed her.