HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New Extreme Sights
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2008, 07:37 AM
_Dan

Default RE: New Extreme Sights

ORIGINAL: HuntingBry

ORIGINAL: _Dan

ORIGINAL: HuntingBry

That's surprising Dan because Extreme's fibers were supposed to be the best out there. I've seen guys at trade shows take the Extreme fiber and tie it in a tight knot, and then untie it without any loss of light transmission. Now those were the new fibers they came out with after the beginning of last season so maybe you had some older less durable fibers, but I was impressed to say the least.
Bry, I got mine last June. I the problem was that there was no guard on the FOs. They were VERY susceptiable to getting caught on brush and either pulling out or breaking. I ended up having to put a light glove over them when I was walking in and out.....and even while still hunting going through brush. What size did you see them tie in a knot? I was using the .019.

Now, like I said earlier, I was impressed with the rest of the sight.....so impressed that since they made some changes to it, I bought a new one in April to use this year.I'll put it through the test up here in Canada this fall....hopefully the changes worked.
Dan, I believe it was the .019. It was definitely not .029. Which model were you using that you had problems with?

Here is the one I have. http://www.extremearchery.com/rt1000.html

As you can see it looks like the fibers are very well protected in that model. Perhaps a little too well protected. I found that making windage adjustments away from the riser required you to work the little tube containing the fibers out a little to create some slack.
Both the old one and the new one are the RT900.

Like I said, the new FO guard/supports should make a huge difference. I'm looking forward to dragging it through out the Canadian bush.