HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New Extreme Sights
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2008, 06:56 AM
HuntingBry
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: New Extreme Sights

ORIGINAL: _Dan

ORIGINAL: Illinois Buck Hunter

Just got hooked up with some new Extreme sights and they are as good as I had hoped for. Bright, small, and seem VERY durable.
Last year I used an Extreme sight and was extremely disappointed in the durability. The fiberoptics broke very easily. It was a pain in the ass stopping in the middle of the mountains in Alberta to rethread them. Other than the durability, they were great. In fact, now that they made some changes and put in some new guards and supports for the fiberoptics, I put on on my new Katera. We'll see how it holds up this fall.
That's surprising Dan because Extreme's fibers were supposed to be the best out there. I've seen guys at trade shows take the Extreme fiber and tie it in a tight knot, and then untie it without any loss of light transmission. Now those were the new fibers they came out with after the beginning of last season so maybe you had some older less durable fibers, but I was impressed to say the least.

I did pick up an Extreme sight last year and was a bit disappointed with I ordered a left hand model and received a right hand model and was told that all I needed to do was "flip it upside down" thus putting the bubble level on top. To me, that is not a left handed sight. If I order what is described as a left handed sight I expect it to be just that, a left handed sight. Other than that, it is a good sight, but it's not on my bow. I'll give it to a right handed buddy of mine and he'll have a heck of a sight.