HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Puma lever gun? any good?
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2008, 08:20 PM
IndyHunter83
Typical Buck

Default RE: Puma lever gun? any good?

I bought my puma .357 for Cowboy action last year and I used it for deer also. You can get a scope mount from legacy sports (www.legacysports.com). They're good little rifles. We're I hunt 60 yards is an extremely long shot and i find that the short barrel and speed of the lever action comes in handy. Depending on wear your hunting I may be able to help you find one. I know that gander mountain carries them in stock and I know afew people around indiana who do have them and would probably be willing to part with them for around $300. You also may try posting some something on www.sass.net in the classifieds. Also check with your local gun shops to see if they can order them. I highly recommend the 20" octagon barrel. As far as a comparison between the puma, the marlin, and hr. I hunted with an hr for years and they're great for a single shot. The only thing I don't like about them is there's no follow up shot. The marlins are nice but they're also more expensive. The pumas aren't bad but the action isn't as good as the marlin and they don't handle some of the bigger stuff as well.