HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - South Georgia Hunting Leases
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2008, 08:05 PM
southernboydixon

Default RE: South Georgia Hunting Leases

I started reading this just today and smiled my rearend off. I grew up in South Georgia when we had very little deer and could just ask a local farmer about hunting and fishing his farm and just like that, we could. Then some folks from up north started to want to pay for our precious resource, then we no longer got to hunt those farms free. Then those old farmers died off and their sons took over. Prices have to go up. You are not going to pollute and destroy these farms as so many were done and just pay a small fee. Do that back home.

See I grew up on those farms and saw the fences mowed down by somebodies 4 wheel drive truck. How about those animals shot and left dead in the woods, deer, hogs (wild and domestic), cows horses and even llamas. Things are not cheap anymore. Maybe replacing that gate the second time or that wildfire that burned off a few acres of pines. Nothing major.

I quit hunting in South Georgia also, sold the farm. Actually, family acquired it the easy way. I now hunt WMA's around the state and on odd occasions on some free hunts with freinds.

I am sorry for the inconvience the price of a resource has put on so many. BUT I ain't really.